CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
March 05, 2013
The Abbey Press Printing Division is seeking a full-time
Customer Service Representative who will act as the communication
link between Printing Division customers and its production and
administrative areas. This requires an understanding of the
processes, products, technical factors, terminology and workflow of
the offset printing manufacturing field, which generally requires
two years of experience in the offset printing industry. We prefer
the applicant to come to Abbey Press with that experience but will
train the "right" candidate.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Enters specs (based on estimate) into computer for job ticket
- Assigns job specs for those jobs not estimated and enters into
computer for job ticket generation.
- Keeps informed about status of a customer's job so questions
can be readily answered.
- Transmits and/or monitors incoming and outgoing materials
(supplied materials, proofs, etc.).
- Communicates with production group, customer, and sales about
job specs, scheduling, and other information related to the
- Orders, monitors, and coordinates with vendors, materials,
outside purchases, and production necessary to complete a job.
- Performs duties and responsibilities of Production Scheduler
& Senior Customer Service Rep in that person's absence.
Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate should:
- be a clear and focused thinker with the capacity for detail,
accuracy and complete follow-through
- be flexible in order to respond to the ever-changing demands of
- not be color-blind
- have a working knowledge of computers and office applications
such as Word and Excel
- present a winning appearance and have strong interpersonal,
written and verbal communication skills
Apply in person at the Human Resources office (M-F 7-3) or
online. Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com.