January 16, 2014
This is a full-time, salaried position.
The Computer Technician provides end-user support for the
installation, use, and
maintenance of Abbey Press desktop computer systems, PC and
Macintosh. The Technician assists the Information Technologist in
the areas of operating systems, networking, system administration,
software and hardware performance, and voice and data
telecommunications. The position also involves assisting the
Application Analyst in the use and support of computer
applications, and the Operations Analyst in efficient operation of
centralized computer systems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the support of desktop and Macintosh computer
- Responsible for the installation of desktop and Macintosh
computer hardware, operating systems, and application
- Investigate equipment problems, initiate corrective action, and
serve as liaison with
vendors and strategic partners as appropriate.
- Handle registration and updating of hardware, operating
systems, and application
- Assist in record-keeping on configuration of desktop and
Macintosh computer systems.
- Responsible for the timely and consistent backup of all
critical data resources.
- Perform the daily Data Center operations as needed.
- Provide support for the Help Desk during normal business hours
and after hours as
- Responsible for keeping knowledgeable about desktop and
Macintosh computer system hardware and software and serving as a
- Assist in developing required written procedures and end-user
Experience & Qualifications
- One-two years' experience working in a Macintosh and Microsoft
- Must be customer-focused; requires significant customer
- Must be assertive and able to work with all levels of the
- Requires good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of currently installed computer software, operating
systems, and hardware.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may
also apply in person at the Human Resources office, just south of
the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7-3).