If Archabbey Library does not have a book or a DVD that you
would like to use, or if it is already checked out, you can
directly request that thethe item be sent to you from another PALNI
library. You do this through the library catalog. You need to
click on the iten title to open the full record and then follow the
1) If a book or video is held by a PALNI library, open the long
catalog record video by clicking on the title in the short record.
The right side of your screen will look like this. In the
record below five PALNI libraries hold the book in their
2. Scroll down to look at the PALNI library holdings. For
each library it will tell you if the book is available or checked
out. If the item is not available at any PALNI libraries
scroll down to "Libraries Worldwide" and use the "Request Item"
button to request an Interlibrary Loan copy.
3. If the book is available, click on the "Place Hold"
4. This login window will pop up asking for your username and
Your user name is your 14 digit library barcode. You set
up your own password by clicking on the set/reset your password
link in the popup window. Here are password setup
5. Click the "Submit" button. One of the PALNI libraries
holding the book will grab it and send it to Saint Meinrad using
the state-wide courier service.