The Step-by-Step Process
1) Complete The Associate Pastor
2) On the registration form, indicate your first three
preferences for your Transition Facilitator. The Institute will
assign a facilitator from those requested.
3) The newly ordained priest, his pastor, and a selected member
of the parish staff then complete and submit their respective
4) When the submitted questionnaires are received, the Institute
for Priests and Presbyterates delivers them to the assigned
5) After receiving the completed questionnaires, the Transition
Facilitator will contact the newly ordained priest, his pastor and
parish staff member to schedule the on-site parish visit or
6) Following the on-site parish visit or telephone interviews,
the Transition Facilitator generates a report and sends it to the
newly ordained priest.
7) The newly ordained priest brings that report to The Associate Pastor workshop. The report
helps form the basis for the priest in creating his Personal Growth
Plan at the workshop.
8) It is left to the discretion of the newly ordained priest
with whom he may wish to share the report - his pastor, staff
member(s), spiritual director, mentor, etc.