The school is incorporated by the State of Indiana as part of Saint Meinrad Archabbey, February 25, 1890, and separately as Saint Meinrad School of Theology, May 25, 1967.
The school is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. The following degree programs are approved: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts (Catholic Philosophical Studies), Master of Arts (Theology), and Master of Arts (Pastoral Theology).
The Commission's contact information is:
The Commission on Accrediting of the
Association of Theological Schools in the United States and
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone: (412) 788-6505
Fax: (412) 788-6510
The school is also accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Seminary and School of Theology is a member of:
- American Theological Library Association
- Association of Graduate Programs in Ministry
- Association for Theological Field Education
- Catholic Association of Theological Field Educators
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- Federation of Seminary Spiritual Directors
- In Trust
- Mid-West Association of Theological Schools
- National Association for Lay Ministers
- National Catholic Educational Association
- The Higher Learning Commission
The Seminary and School of Theology encourages and supports its faculty members in maintaining memberships in the professional and learned societies appropriate to their disciplines and administrative responsibilities.
The school is approved for veterans' educational benefits under Section 1775 of Title 38, United States Code.
Saint Meinrad is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in admissions, education programs or activities, and employment, as required by applicable laws and regulations. Address inquiries to:
Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology
200 Hill Drive
St. Meinrad, IN 47577