A primary Benedictine value is conversatio, or ongoing conversion of life by growing "in love of God and neighbor in life and ministry" (Co-Workers in the Vineyard, p. 38). At Saint Meinrad, we provide many opportunities for you to deepen your spiritual life:
- Eucharist: daily opportunities for Mass with monks and fellow students
- Reconciliation: available regularly and upon request
- Traditional and Seasonal Devotions: regular opportunities for Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction, Exposition, the Angelus, the rosary and other devotions
- Liturgy of the Hours: daily opportunities to pray the Divine Office with monks and fellow students
- Retreats: regular retreats available. While you are a student, we waive your conference fees for most Saint Meinrad retreats; you need pay only applicable room and board charges.
- Spirituality Workshops: offered twice a year on various topics such as Benedictine spirituality, prayer and personality types, spirituality and social justice, etc., for an extra fee. It is possible to earn 1 academic credit per workshop up to 3 credits.
- Spiritual Direction: Saint Meinrad monks serve as regular spiritual directors for students; contact the Director of Lay Degree Programs for more information.
- Theological Reflection Groups: offered regularly on weekends and weekdays