Specialization in Church History
Students who successfully complete a graduate specialization in Church History will:
- demonstrate proficient breadth of knowledge concerning the global history of the Catholic Church from the first century through the current era;
- demonstrate depth of knowledge in one or more focused areas of Church History through the completion of elective coursework; and
- integrate and synthesize breadth of knowledge through a specific area of focus in the directed research project.
Core Courses (9 credits):
- Early Church History (3 credits)
- Medieval Church History (3 credits)
- Modern Church History (3 credits)
Electives (6 credits)
Church history electives are accepted among the 30:xxx courses. Additional courses, outside Church history, may be applicable. See the Director of Lay Degree Programs.