Students receive ministry of lector
Friday, February 16, 2018
Seventeen priesthood students from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology, St. Meinrad, IN, received the ministry of lector on February 15, in the Seminary’s St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel. Archbishop Charles Thompson, of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, installed the lectors.
The seminarians receiving the ministry were:
- Kodjo (Cajetan) Agouvi (OSB) and Gbedevi (Justin) Dodzi Ayanou, Abbaye de L'Ascension de Danyi Dzogbegan
- Shawn W. Bohac, Diocese of Lexington, KY
- Garrett D. Braun, Diocese of Evansville, IN
- Alexander M. Crow, Archdiocese of Mobile, AL
- Simon Herrmann, OSB, and Stanley Wagner, OSB, Saint Meinrad Archabbey
- Willy G. Kyagulanyi, John C. Okpara and Erick Oseko Orandi, Glenmary Home Missioners
- Brian M. McCaffrey, Diocese of Salina, KS
- Ignacio Murillo Aguilera and Joshua M. Votruba, Diocese of Tulsa, OK
- Quan M. Nguyen and Dinh Loi Pham, Archdiocese of Louisville, KY
- Austin Quick, Diocese of Springfield, IL
- Linh X. Vu, Diocese of Cheyenne, WY
The ministry of lector is conferred upon those who prepare and proclaim readings from Scripture at Mass and other liturgical celebrations. A lector also may recite psalms between the readings and present the intentions for the general intercessions.