January 02, 2013
The Monastery Infirmary has year-round part-time openings for
LPNs or CNAs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer patients' call lights.
- Transport patients in wheelchairs to meals, chapel, etc.
- Bathe and assist with dressing and with daily care.
- See to patients' comfort, positioning, and skin care.
- Supervise meals and/or feeding, dispensing water, juice,
- Check vital statistics and related patient data, including
liquid intake/output, chart, and weight.
- Administer oral and topical medications, injections,
nasogastric tube, gastrostomy tube medications, change bandages and
dress wounds as directed by professional staff.
- Monitor glucose levels of diabetic patients.
- Observe and report perceived changes in patient condition and
report any incidents.
- Maintain order in patient rooms, dispensary and office.
- Clean equipment, fold/put away laundry and make beds.
- Receive and transcribe physician medical orders.
- Assist in coordinating staffing schedule.
- Assist in training new staff.
- Assist and medically assess walk-ins after hours and/or on
weekends and holidays when Health Service is closed, and report to
the nurse on-call.
- Document and maintain accurate patient records.
Experience & Qualifications
Basic nursing skills required. Person should excel in being
caring and respectful. Regard for patients' well-being is number
one priority. Requires basic computer skills.
- Apply online.
- Apply in person at Human Resources office M-F 7-3.
- Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail a resume to Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources
Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.