Finding time to take a retreat and get in some vacation days is
becoming more and more difficult. Why not combine both
into a cruise experience with warm, sunny ports of
call? Saint Meinrad's Institute for Priests and
Presbyterates has conducted cruise retreats for priests since 2007.
Join fellow priests in this unique retreat experience.
Photo of participants in the 2014 Cruise Retreat. Fr. Denis
Robinson, OSB, (front row, left) led the retreat, "Seeking
the Horizon: Looking Beyond the Daily in Priestly Life and
Princess Cruises: 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise,
Roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale on the Emerald Princess
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Depart Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:00 PM EDT
Fort Lauderdale lies along the Atlantic Ocean at the
mouth of the New River, 25 miles north of Miami. Its warm tropical
weather attracts many people throughout the year to the city's six
miles of beaches. Recreational watersports, fascinating museums,
trendy restaurants and entertainment venues are the hallmarks of
your departure point city.
Sunday, October 25, 2015
Day at Sea
Monday, October 26, 2015
Arrive Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 7:00 AM. Depart 4:00
The island of Grand Cayman contains a number
of interesting places to shop and dine. For vacationers fascinated
by rare Caribbean sites, Grand Cayman features aspects of
unparalleled beauty. Those who visit this British colony will be
entranced by the beaches and the numerous interesting locations to
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Arrive Cozumel, Mexico 9:00 AM. Depart 6:00 PM.
Surrounded by thick tropical foliage on
the island of Cozumel lie ancient Mayan ruins.The Spanish
conquistadors first saw Mexico from the shores of this island while
searching for gold. The waters around Cozumel's sheltered coral
reefs make this one of the best snorkeling areas in the
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Day at Sea
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Arrive Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7:00 AM EDT
Father Eugene Hensell, OSB, is a Benedictine
monk of Saint Meinrad Archabbey. In addition to parish work, campus
ministry and college teaching, Father Eugene served from 1982 until
1996, first as vice rector of Saint Meinrad College and then as
president-rector of both the College and the School of
Since 1997, Father Eugene has been engaged in fulltime retreat
work, conducting biblical retreats and workshops for priests,
religious, and laity throughout the country and in several foreign
countries. He brings to this work over 35 years of teaching
experience, as well as a strong sense of the Church's pastoral
With his wide contacts among clergy, religious and laity, Father
Eugene brings to his students a deep and sympathetic understanding
of the challenges facing many facets of life in the contemporary
Father Eugene has been a contributing writer
for Weekday and Sunday Homily Hints, a service
published by St. Anthony Messenger Press. He regularly contributes
book reviews to The Catholic Biblical
Quarterly, The Review of Biblical
Literature, Cistercian Studies and other
scholarly journals. He also is an associate editor for The
American Benedictine Review.
His retreat is titled, "Reflections on 'The Sermon on the Mount'
as a Handbook for Pastoral Ministry."
- Single-occupancy oceanview cabin - $1,305 per person
- Double-occupancy oceanview cabin - $1,005 per person
- 5-night cruise aboard Princess Cruise's "Emerald Princess"
- Daily Mass
- Retreat conferences by Father Eugene Hensell, OSB
- Most tips
in the Price
- Transfers to and from pier (shuttle bus, taxi, etc.)
- Travel/cancellation insurance
- Optional shore excursions
- Onboard purchases/charges
- Single-occupancy stateroom: $600 per person due with
- Double-occupancy stateroom: $500 per person due with
- $100 of deposit is nonrefundable
- To pay deposit by credit card, call Lea Ann Olinger, IPP
administrative coordinator, at (800) 357-8477 (Visa and Mastercard
- To pay deposit by check, mail to:
Institute for Priests and
ATTN: Cruise Retreat for Priests
200 Hill Drive
St. Meinrad, IN 47577
and Payment Deadlines
- Reservation deadline for group rate is June 15, 2015.
- Only 18 cabins available at group rate.
- Final payments due August 1, 2015.
and Travel Insurance
Prior to final payment, individuals would
incur only the $100 nonrefundable deposit.
After final payment, Princess Cruises cancellation fees apply.
All penalties listed below include the $100 nonrefundable
- Cancellation 74-57 days prior to sailing: $300 penalty per
- Cancellation 56-29 days prior to sailing: 50% of cruise rate
- Cancellation 28-15 days prior to sailing: 75% of cruise rate
- Cancellation 14-0 days prior to sailing: 100% of cruise rate
Cancellation insurance is available at an additional charge. For
an insurance quote, contact Lea Ann Olinger, IPP administrative
coordinator, at (800) 357-8477 or email email@example.com.