Besides the philanthropic advantages of supporting Saint
Meinrad, there may be tax benefits as well.
Indiana residents are entitled to a tax credit equal to 50
percent of the total of their annual gifts to institutions of
higher education in Indiana. This is valid on gifts of up to $200
for an individual, or $400 for a couple filing a joint tax
For example, a couple making an annual gift of $500 to the
Seminary and School of Theology can have $200 of their gift
refunded to them at tax time. Simply file Indiana Form CC-40 (we'll
be happy to provide you one).
Of course, your charitable gift to Saint Meinrad Seminary and
School of Theology also qualifies as a tax deduction on your
federal tax return.
For planned gifts, the benefits may include:
- Expanding your philanthropic ability
- Providing income tax savings through the charitable
- Avoiding capital gains tax
- Increasing current or future spendable income
- Simplifying the management of financial resources
- Reducing the costs and time of ultimate estate settlement.
Check with your financial or legal advisor for the most
up-to-date information on charitable gifts, or contact Saint
Meinrad for additional information.