Director of Graduate Theology Programs
Wednesday November 30
The Director of Graduate Theology Programs coordinates the administration of all academic and formation programs for lay students and permanent deacon candidates pursuing degree or certificate programs, as well coordinating with the Director of Continuing Formation regarding any non-degree or continuing education programs related to lay ministry.
The ideal candidate would have a doctoral degree in theology and be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans schedule and hires faculty for weekend, online, and alternative format courses.
- Collaborates with Director of Admissions and Associate Director of Graduate Theology Programs to develop and implement marketing and student recruitment strategies.
- Interviews, admits, and provides orientation for new students.
- Provides academic counseling to all non-seminary graduate students.
- Assists in maintaining current website and print information about Graduate Theology Programs.
- Assists in long-range planning, institutional research, and assessment, as they pertain to non-seminary theology programs.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget for Graduate Theology Programs.
- Oversees formation and student life programs for weekday, weekend, and online students (in collaboration with the Associate Director of Graduate Theology Programs).
- Collaborates with Director of Continuing Formation to plan, market, and execute non-degree and continuing education programs for lay women and men.
Experience & Qualifications
Education: At least a master's degree in theology. Additional teaching opportunities may be available to those with a doctorate.
Experience: At least 2 years' experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and public speaking skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of Roman Catholic tradition and its various theological disciplines
- Understanding of lay and diaconal ministry
- Creativity and long-term strategic planning
- Budgeting and financial management
- Leadership and motivation/supervision of others
- Ability to communicate persuasively the mission and values of Saint Meinrad. Dedication and commitment to the long-term success of Saint Meinrad are key.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
We are now accepting applications online. Fill out your application or download a PDF version and mail it to us.